Monday, October 17, 2005

REVIEW! OBITUARY & NAPALM DEATH - BB KINGS - 9/6/05



Last month my metal-head dreams came true when the Obituary / Napalm Death tour came to NYC. How a place like BB Kings became the NYC death metal venue, I'll never know. Anyhow, approaching the venue, I saw Barney from Naplm Death standing outside and like a nervous fan boy asked if he'd mind having his picture taken with me. He was more than obliging and the picture was taken. However, when I got inside I was diddling around with my digital camera and accidentally erased the picture. I compensated for the loss by taken over 90 pictures during the show.

Imagine being on a convertable jet, flying right through storm clouds during the world's loudest and most sustained thunderstorm. That is basically what the Obituary / Napalm Death show felt like. Napalm Death showed no signs of age as they plowed through an unbelievably ecclectic and brutal set featuring their old classics and a few newer tunes. Barney's stage presence is way more erratic and animated than in the old days. They were so loud that when their set was over I felt like I was going to puke. Their sound literally shook me where I stood. Obituary brought their signature, slower yet louder style to the stage and had the crowd going absolutely mental. John Tardy's shrill screams have only become more brutal over the years and his brother's drumming has done the same. The pit was pretty nuts, I saw a few fights, and a few people got hurt. Man, it was just like old times. I still can't believe BB Kings could handle an event like this.
* Pics do not open in a new window *
NAPALM DEATH
PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE |PIC HERE |
OBITUARY
PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE |

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home