Monday, October 17, 2005

REVIEW! MATISYAHU - WEBSTER HALL - 9/8/05



Last month, before this blog existed, I went to see Matisyahu at Webster Hall. I had never really heard too much about the man and I don't like reggae, but when my friend from Canada mentioned he was coming all the way to NYC to see the show and that he bought me a ticket, how could I NOT go? I was initially put off by the giddy, hippy bullshit crowd, but once he started playing the annoying crowd sort of disappeared from my conscience. The mixture of superbly polished up-tempo and down-tempo reggae mixed with his spiritually sound lyrics had my attention from the get go. Though I felt his set was a tad too long and the venue got a bit too hot, I definitely became a fan. Matisyahu bridges the very large gap between the stuffy, old-school Hasids and the younger, hipper-yet-extremely-traditional Hasids that represent the Hasids of the 21st century. ANYHOW, TO THE PICS!
* Pics do not open in a new window *
PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE | PIC HERE |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home